During these 5-weeks you will be introduced to Vinyasa yoga and learn techniques to remember and practice the vinyasa style of yoga anywhere, anytime.
Vinyasa Yoga is a style of yoga that combines breath and movement, connecting mind, body and spirit. This style of yoga can be modified for any level, in particular this course is for beginners who would like to learn the vinyasa yoga sequences with proper technique and alignment and also incorporate yoga into their daily life.
Vinyasa yoga is great for your overall health as the physical practice increases the heart rate without strain with deeper movments (asana) and flow whilst also assisting students to maintain a steady, calm and focussed mental and emotional state. Vinyasa yoga often involves props to assist students in poses and deepen the effect. There is often a theme or peak pose with each class that the teacher guides the class with thorughout, beginning with a grounding technique and warm up.
What you will learn:
– Introduction to vinyasa yoga and the history
– Proper technique and alignmnet for Surya Namsakar A + B (the vinyasa yoga sequences)
– How to turn your focus inward and tap into Source, the place where you have control of your emotions and feelings
– A variety of breathing techniques to create a calm and steady mind in any environment
– Each class will be different with different themes and alignment focuses including (backbends, hip openers, inversions, balance and many more) using a variety of muscles and movements which enhances flexibility, strength and cardiovascular health.
Benefits of vinyasa yoga:
– Reduces stress and anxiety, improving overall mental and emotional wellbeing.
– It improves concentration.
– Increases strength and flexibility.
– Inculates proper breathing.
– It encourages a healthy lifestyle.
– The practice increases self-awareness.
– It increases happiness.
– It increases acceptance and confidence within one self.
– It slows aging.
-The practice benefits cardiovascular and immune health.
– The practice allows you to see everything with a different perspective developing yrou compassion for everything around you.
Some benefits my students have received:
– Eliminated sciatica
– Reduced stress and anxiety
– Gained emotional clarity
– Increased core strength and balance
– Allowed for a fresh perspective
You must bring along:
Yoga mat, yoga block ($10 KMART or BigW), Yoga Strap (KMART or BigW), towel, blanket or pillow if you wish.